Syfy has acquired the 13-episode first season of new Canadian scripted series Bitten from Entertainment One. It’s set to premiere in 2014. Based on Kelly Armstrong’s Women Of The Otherworld novels, Bitten stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, Ted) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence. Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena (Vandervoort) has abandoned her Pack and taken refuge in a new city. She returns to Stonehaven, the werewolves’ ancestral domain, when bodies start turning up in her Pack’s backyard and she realizes she’ll stop at nothing to defend her Pack. Greg Bryk, Greyston Holt and Paul Greene also star. Bitten is produced by No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment, and eOne in association with Space and Bell Media. This is similar to Syfy’s acquisition of Haven, which eOne also produces. Bitten executive producers include J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, Patrick Banister and John Barbisan for Hoodwink Entertainment and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss, and Margaret O’Brien for eOne. Daegan Fryklind and Grant Rosenberg are exec producers and co-showrunners.
Syfy Acquires Werewolf Drama Series ‘Bitten’ From eOne
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa