Scottish actors Graham McTavish (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 24) and Gary Lewis (Billy Elliot, Gangs Of New York) will join lead and fellow Scot Sam Heughan in Starz‘s upcoming drama series Outlander, based on Diana Gabaldon’s novels. Heughan was recently cast as Jamie Fraser, nephew to Dougal MacKenzie (McTavish) and Colum MacKenzie (Lewis) in the series which spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure in one epic tale. The first two episodes are being written by Battlestar Galactica alum Ronald Moore and directed by John Dahl (Dexter, Breaking Bad, Justified). Shooting is set to begin this fall in Scotland. Sony Pictures TV is producing the series with Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining and Supply Company and Left Bank Productions. It’s set to premiere on Starz in 2014. McTavish is repped by Cheri Barner Management and the Stone, Manners, Salners Agency; Lewis by CAA in the UK.
Starz’s ‘Outlander’ Adds Two To Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises