Scottish actors Graham McTavish (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 24) and Gary Lewis (Billy Elliot, Gangs Of New York) will join lead and fellow Scot Sam Heughan in Starz‘s upcoming drama series Outlander, based on Diana Gabaldon’s novels. Heughan was recently cast as Jamie Fraser, nephew to Dougal MacKenzie (McTavish) and Colum MacKenzie (Lewis) in the series which spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure in one epic tale. The first two episodes are being written by Battlestar Galactica alum Ronald Moore and directed by John Dahl (Dexter, Breaking Bad, Justified). Shooting is set to begin this fall in Scotland. Sony Pictures TV is producing the series with Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining and Supply Company and Left Bank Productions. It’s set to premiere on Starz in 2014. McTavish is repped by Cheri Barner Management and the Stone, Manners, Salners Agency; Lewis by CAA in the UK.
Starz’s ‘Outlander’ Adds Two To Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories