Starz is developing a half-hour scripted series Survivor’s Remorse with NBA all-star LeBron James, comedy exec producers Tom Werner, Mike O’Malley, Maverick Carter and Paul Wachter. The series explores what happens to Cam Calloway and Reggie Vaughn when they make it out of one of Philly’s toughest neighborhoods. James and Carter have been in business with Werner since 2011, when they partnered with Fenway Sports Group, one of the largest sports, media and entertainment companies in the world. Werner is Chairman of FSG, which owns soccer’s Liverpool Football Club and baseball’s Boston Red Sox. Wachter, a prominent Los Angeles-based financial adviser, has been business partners with James and Carter since 2004 and with Werner since he sold the Padres as Werner’s investment adviser in 1995. O’Malley, a consulting producer/writer on Showtime’s Shameless and an actor whose credits include Glee, Justified and My Name Is Earl, will serve as executive producer and writer. “For Maverick and I even to be where we are right now, given where we came from, is kind of hard to believe,” James said in this morning’s announcement. “I felt like it was a story that needed to be told, and nobody can craft a story like Tom Werner. He has an incredible vision for television and I’m really excited to partner with him and the rest of our team.” As founder of The Carsey-Werner Company, Werner produced some of the most important television shows of the past generation, including The Cosby Show, Roseanne, 3rd Rock From The Sun, and That ‘70s Show.
Starz Developing Half-Hour Comedy With Tom Werner, Mike O’Malley, LeBron James
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video