CBS is the latest broadcast network to re-enter the limited series/event programming arena with a dedicated executive. Stacy Mandelberg has been tapped as VP, Limited Series & Event Programming, a newly created position, in which she will acquire, develop and oversee production of short-run scripted programming based on books, historical events and original high-concept ideas, reporting to both Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment and David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. CBS, which kept the longform tradition longer than other broadcast nets, had been without a long-form executive since Bela Bajaria left in 2011 to head Universal TV. “There is a lot of interest – from writers, producers and actors – to tell shorter-form stories that make noise in the industry as well as on a network’s schedule,” said Stapf. Added Tassler, “We believe there is viewer demand for scripted projects, with built-in promotional appeal, that air over a few days, or maybe a couple weeks. It is programming that can complement our regular series and live event specials, and offer scheduling opportunities at various points of the year as an alternative to repeats.” Fox was the first broadcast network to jump in the limited series space last fall with a dedicated unit it launched with FX headed by Gina Balian. NBC followed suit in June, bringing in longtime ABC longform head Quinn Taylor. Mandelberg served as SVP of Von Zerneck/Sertner Films where she oversaw the development and production of series and movies for television with projects for TNT, Lifetime and ABC Family, as well as the mini-series Category 7 for CBS.
Stacy Mandelberg To Head Limited Series & Event Programming For CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Praises Newt Gingrich For Telling Megyn Kelly She’s Fascinated With Sex
- Stana Katic Poised To Star In Thriller Drama Series ‘Absentia’ For Sony’s AXN
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- World Series Ratings Up For Game 1 On Fox; Most Shows Hold Up Well Against It
- AwesomenessTV & Verizon Hire Ex-Uni TV Head Of Drama Russell Rothberg As SVP
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction