Sony Pictures Classics has moved the release of the Bennett Miller-directed Foxcatcher to 2014. They said the filmmaker needs more time to finish the film that stars Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo. It was expected to be in the Oscar season mix with a December 20 release, helmed by the director of Moneyball. Foxcatcher is the true story of Olympic wrestling champion brothers Mark Schultz (Tatum) and Dave Schultz (Ruffalo) and their relationship with the eccentric John du Pont (Carell), heir to the du Pont chemical fortune that led to murder.
SPC Moves Bennett Miller’s ‘Foxcatcher’ To 2014
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'
- Lionsgate Buys Opera-Themed Comedy 'The Three Tenors'
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day