Sony Pictures Classics has moved the release of the Bennett Miller-directed Foxcatcher to 2014. They said the filmmaker needs more time to finish the film that stars Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo. It was expected to be in the Oscar season mix with a December 20 release, helmed by the director of Moneyball. Foxcatcher is the true story of Olympic wrestling champion brothers Mark Schultz (Tatum) and Dave Schultz (Ruffalo) and their relationship with the eccentric John du Pont (Carell), heir to the du Pont chemical fortune that led to murder.
SPC Moves Bennett Miller’s ‘Foxcatcher’ To 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Furious 7′ Drives To $1.15B Global; ‘Dragonball’ Big In Japan – Intl B.O. Update
- Meryl Streep, NYWIFT Launch Program For Female Screenwriters Over 40
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ Game Trailer Looks Like A Live-Action Movie
- Doctor Doom Revealed As Fox Unleashes New ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer After Leak
- ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ Spinoff A Prequel, With Teaser Trailer Shown
- Bart & Fleming: Josh Gad Musical Shows Studio Hunger For Pic Packages; Will Hollywood Libs Stump For Hillary Clinton?