The Elizabeth Olsen-starring period pic has been acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) for territories including the UK, Germany, Austria, and Latin America. Exclusive Media announced the deal today from Toronto. Scandinavia and Benelux are also repped in the multi-territory pact on the lit adaptation written and directed by Charlie Stratton from Émile Zola’s novel Therese Raquin. Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange also star in the romantic drama-thriller about a sexually repressed woman who embarks on a love affair with tragic consequences. Therese will open stateside in 2014 via Roadside Attractions. Exclusive Media’s Alex Walton negotiated the deal with Michael Helfand, Chan Phung, and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Nabs Elizabeth Olsen Starrer ‘Therese’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates