The Elizabeth Olsen-starring period pic has been acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) for territories including the UK, Germany, Austria, and Latin America. Exclusive Media announced the deal today from Toronto. Scandinavia and Benelux are also repped in the multi-territory pact on the lit adaptation written and directed by Charlie Stratton from Émile Zola’s novel Therese Raquin. Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange also star in the romantic drama-thriller about a sexually repressed woman who embarks on a love affair with tragic consequences. Therese will open stateside in 2014 via Roadside Attractions. Exclusive Media’s Alex Walton negotiated the deal with Michael Helfand, Chan Phung, and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Nabs Elizabeth Olsen Starrer ‘Therese’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser