The Elizabeth Olsen-starring period pic has been acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) for territories including the UK, Germany, Austria, and Latin America. Exclusive Media announced the deal today from Toronto. Scandinavia and Benelux are also repped in the multi-territory pact on the lit adaptation written and directed by Charlie Stratton from Émile Zola’s novel Therese Raquin. Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange also star in the romantic drama-thriller about a sexually repressed woman who embarks on a love affair with tragic consequences. Therese will open stateside in 2014 via Roadside Attractions. Exclusive Media’s Alex Walton negotiated the deal with Michael Helfand, Chan Phung, and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Nabs Elizabeth Olsen Starrer ‘Therese’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…