The Elizabeth Olsen-starring period pic has been acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) for territories including the UK, Germany, Austria, and Latin America. Exclusive Media announced the deal today from Toronto. Scandinavia and Benelux are also repped in the multi-territory pact on the lit adaptation written and directed by Charlie Stratton from Émile Zola’s novel Therese Raquin. Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange also star in the romantic drama-thriller about a sexually repressed woman who embarks on a love affair with tragic consequences. Therese will open stateside in 2014 via Roadside Attractions. Exclusive Media’s Alex Walton negotiated the deal with Michael Helfand, Chan Phung, and Jon Freedberg on behalf of SPWA.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Nabs Elizabeth Olsen Starrer ‘Therese’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts The…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’