Sony Pictures Entertainment has acquired the David Baldacci fantasy novel The Finisher. Matt Tolmach will produce. Scholastic Press will publish in March. Project was brought in by the studio’s Gotham book scout Mark James and will be supervised by Hanna Minghella and Lauren Abrahams, and Kate Checchi for Tolmach. Aaron Priest and Paradigm repped Baldacci. The logline, from the Scholastic catalog: 14-year-old Vega Jane lives in the village of Wormwood, where life is nasty, brutish and short. Villagers have been told that there is nothing outside of Wormwood except for the Quag, a foul forest filled with terrifying beasts. No one comes, no one goes, and Wormwood has stayed this way for generations — until Vega’s mentor Quentin Herms disappears. Quentin leaves Vega a secret message hinting that there’s a way out of Wormwood, and something extraordinary on the other side. As Vega begins to investigate, she realizes that Wormwood is a village built on dangerous lies. And that powerful people are willing to kill in order to keep it that way. Soon Vega is careening down a path that will either lead straight to the truth … or straight to an early grave.
Sony Pictures Lands David Baldacci Novel ‘The Finisher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’