Sony Pictures Entertainment has acquired the David Baldacci fantasy novel The Finisher. Matt Tolmach will produce. Scholastic Press will publish in March. Project was brought in by the studio’s Gotham book scout Mark James and will be supervised by Hanna Minghella and Lauren Abrahams, and Kate Checchi for Tolmach. Aaron Priest and Paradigm repped Baldacci. The logline, from the Scholastic catalog: 14-year-old Vega Jane lives in the village of Wormwood, where life is nasty, brutish and short. Villagers have been told that there is nothing outside of Wormwood except for the Quag, a foul forest filled with terrifying beasts. No one comes, no one goes, and Wormwood has stayed this way for generations — until Vega’s mentor Quentin Herms disappears. Quentin leaves Vega a secret message hinting that there’s a way out of Wormwood, and something extraordinary on the other side. As Vega begins to investigate, she realizes that Wormwood is a village built on dangerous lies. And that powerful people are willing to kill in order to keep it that way. Soon Vega is careening down a path that will either lead straight to the truth … or straight to an early grave.
Sony Pictures Lands David Baldacci Novel ‘The Finisher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish