It’s hard to sell 4K television sets to people if they have little to watch on them. Sony hopes to break through that dilemma today with the introduction of Video Unlimited 4K, which it says is the only download service with Ultra HD movies and TV shows. It begins with about 70 full length feature films from Sony Pictures Entertainment and “other notable production houses” — with the library expected expand to pass 100 by year end — the company says. Customers can access TV shows including Breaking Bad, and movies such as Moneyball, Think Like A Man, Premium Rush, Ghostbusters, The Amazing Spider-Man, Funny Girl, and The Guns Of Navarone. Recent films This Is The End, After Earth and Elysium also will be available when they hit home video. A 24-hour rental for a TV show costs $3.99 while a movie goes for $7.99. Users can buy a movie for $29.99. Some titles will include UltraViolet streaming rights in HD or standard definition. The Ultra HD 4K format has about four times the resolution of an HDTV.
Sony Introduces 4K Ultra HD Video Download Service
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Business News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Fox News: Andrea Tantaros “An Opportunist”, Not A “Victim”
- Broadway’s Summer Slump Continues With 6.6% Box Office Drop; ‘Paramour’ Gets Therapy
- CNN Wins FAA Waiver To Fly Newsgathering Drones Over People
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Won’t Become A Media Company