Sony is backing off the hot 4th of July 2014 weekend with its Sex Tape, directed by Jake Kasdan. Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel star in the comedy as a couple whose raunchy home vid goes missing. But New Line‘s Tammy, from comedy powerhouse Melissa McCarthy, was also slated to open July 2. Sex Tape will now move to July 18 leaving Tammy the sole weekend wide release so far.
Sony Delays Cameron Diaz & Jason Segel’s ‘Sex Tape’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM