A warehouse serving as a shipping and receiving facility at George Lucas‘ Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, CA was damaged today during an early-morning fire. The 6000-plus acre ranch houses Skywalker Sound and several agricultural facilities along with the 50,000-square-foot main house (pictured). A Marin County fire Battalion Chief Mike Giannini told the Marin Independent Journal the damage was minimum to moderate and involved office furniture, supplies and part of the structure’s roof; CBS’ San Francisco station said damages were estimated at $25,000. The fire was reported at 4:08 AM and contained by 5:15 AM, with the ranch’s own fire brigade responding first. Officials said an electric motor in an exhaust fan in the ceiling might be to blame but the cause remains under investigation.
No Injuries In Small Skywalker Ranch Fire
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings