John Logan’s Showtime drama series Penny Dreadful is enlisting a trio of rising actors for its psychological frights debuting next year. Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark star Reeve Carney will play Oscar Wilde’s supernaturally handsome and young hero Dorian Grey in the eight-episode series premiering in 2014. Bond thesp Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace) will play an unnamed mysterious character of haunting intensity; he worked with series exec producer Sam Mendes on Skyfall. And fellow Brit Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger, Control, Brothers of the Head) will star as Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Previously announced cast members Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, and Eva Green also star in the project. Penny Dreadful is created, written, and exec produced by Logan. Neal Street’s Pippa Harris will also exec produce. Filming begins this fall. Carney is repped by Paradigm. Kinnear is repped by Markham, Froggatt and Irwin. Treadaway is repped by UTA and ICM Partners.
Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’ Adds Reeve Carney, Rory Kinnear & Harry Treadaway
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…