John Logan’s Showtime drama series Penny Dreadful is enlisting a trio of rising actors for its psychological frights debuting next year. Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark star Reeve Carney will play Oscar Wilde’s supernaturally handsome and young hero Dorian Grey in the eight-episode series premiering in 2014. Bond thesp Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace) will play an unnamed mysterious character of haunting intensity; he worked with series exec producer Sam Mendes on Skyfall. And fellow Brit Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger, Control, Brothers of the Head) will star as Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Previously announced cast members Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, and Eva Green also star in the project. Penny Dreadful is created, written, and exec produced by Logan. Neal Street’s Pippa Harris will also exec produce. Filming begins this fall. Carney is repped by Paradigm. Kinnear is repped by Markham, Froggatt and Irwin. Treadaway is repped by UTA and ICM Partners.
Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’ Adds Reeve Carney, Rory Kinnear & Harry Treadaway
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List