John Logan’s Showtime drama series Penny Dreadful is enlisting a trio of rising actors for its psychological frights debuting next year. Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark star Reeve Carney will play Oscar Wilde’s supernaturally handsome and young hero Dorian Grey in the eight-episode series premiering in 2014. Bond thesp Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace) will play an unnamed mysterious character of haunting intensity; he worked with series exec producer Sam Mendes on Skyfall. And fellow Brit Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger, Control, Brothers of the Head) will star as Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Previously announced cast members Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, and Eva Green also star in the project. Penny Dreadful is created, written, and exec produced by Logan. Neal Street’s Pippa Harris will also exec produce. Filming begins this fall. Carney is repped by Paradigm. Kinnear is repped by Markham, Froggatt and Irwin. Treadaway is repped by UTA and ICM Partners.
Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’ Adds Reeve Carney, Rory Kinnear & Harry Treadaway
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign