John Logan’s Showtime drama series Penny Dreadful is enlisting a trio of rising actors for its psychological frights debuting next year. Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark star Reeve Carney will play Oscar Wilde’s supernaturally handsome and young hero Dorian Grey in the eight-episode series premiering in 2014. Bond thesp Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace) will play an unnamed mysterious character of haunting intensity; he worked with series exec producer Sam Mendes on Skyfall. And fellow Brit Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger, Control, Brothers of the Head) will star as Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Previously announced cast members Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, and Eva Green also star in the project. Penny Dreadful is created, written, and exec produced by Logan. Neal Street’s Pippa Harris will also exec produce. Filming begins this fall. Carney is repped by Paradigm. Kinnear is repped by Markham, Froggatt and Irwin. Treadaway is repped by UTA and ICM Partners.
Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’ Adds Reeve Carney, Rory Kinnear & Harry Treadaway
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'