Production is underway on The Wedding Ringer, the formerly untitled Kevin Hart comedy being directed by Jeremy Garelick in his feature helming debut. Among the finalized cast in the pic that co-stars Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco, Mimi Rogers, Affion Crockett and Ken Howard: Olivia Thirlby, Jorge Garcia, Cloris Leachman, Dan Gill, Corey Holcomb, Colin Kane, Jenifer Lewis, Alan Ritchson, Ignacio Serricchio, Aaron Takahashi, and Nicky Whelan. The film was written under the title The Golden Tux by Garelick and Jay Lavender back when they were writing partners on films like The Break-Up. It centers on Hart, a charismatic guy who provides best man services for socially challenged guys who can’t get somebody to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Gad plays a groom-to-be who finds himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, he seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make him look his best but threatens to destroy everything if it fails. Miramax’s Adam Fields and Will Packer are producing. Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper is overseeing the production on behalf of Screen Gems.
Screen Gems/Miramax’s Kevin Hart Pic Now Titled ‘The Wedding Ringer’, Rounds Out Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?