Production is underway on The Wedding Ringer, the formerly untitled Kevin Hart comedy being directed by Jeremy Garelick in his feature helming debut. Among the finalized cast in the pic that co-stars Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco, Mimi Rogers, Affion Crockett and Ken Howard: Olivia Thirlby, Jorge Garcia, Cloris Leachman, Dan Gill, Corey Holcomb, Colin Kane, Jenifer Lewis, Alan Ritchson, Ignacio Serricchio, Aaron Takahashi, and Nicky Whelan. The film was written under the title The Golden Tux by Garelick and Jay Lavender back when they were writing partners on films like The Break-Up. It centers on Hart, a charismatic guy who provides best man services for socially challenged guys who can’t get somebody to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Gad plays a groom-to-be who finds himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, he seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make him look his best but threatens to destroy everything if it fails. Miramax’s Adam Fields and Will Packer are producing. Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper is overseeing the production on behalf of Screen Gems.
Screen Gems/Miramax’s Kevin Hart Pic Now Titled ‘The Wedding Ringer’, Rounds Out Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'