Tina Fey‘s schedule is a bit more free on the TV side these days after her long-running 30 Rock wrapped its run in the spring. She will return to NBC‘s airwaves September 28 to host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. It launches the 39th season of the late-night show. Arcade Fire returns as musical guest. Miley Cyrus, fresh off her stint at the MTV Video Music Awards, will be host and musical guest both on October 5, Bruce Willis and Katy Perry will host and perform, respectively, on October 12. SNL has added five new castmembers for this season after the departures of Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis in May and Seth Meyers leaving later in the fall to take over Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Returns Sept 28 With Tina Fey Hosting; Miley Cyrus Hosts Oct 5
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run