Tina Fey‘s schedule is a bit more free on the TV side these days after her long-running 30 Rock wrapped its run in the spring. She will return to NBC‘s airwaves September 28 to host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. It launches the 39th season of the late-night show. Arcade Fire returns as musical guest. Miley Cyrus, fresh off her stint at the MTV Video Music Awards, will be host and musical guest both on October 5, Bruce Willis and Katy Perry will host and perform, respectively, on October 12. SNL has added five new castmembers for this season after the departures of Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis in May and Seth Meyers leaving later in the fall to take over Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Returns Sept 28 With Tina Fey Hosting; Miley Cyrus Hosts Oct 5
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series
- ‘Team Ninja Warrior’ Renewed By Esquire; BBC America Sets ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere Date, Projects With Amy Poehler, More – TV…
- ‘Biggest Loser’ Being Investigated By L.A. Sheriff For On-Set Drug Use
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?