Tina Fey‘s schedule is a bit more free on the TV side these days after her long-running 30 Rock wrapped its run in the spring. She will return to NBC‘s airwaves September 28 to host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. It launches the 39th season of the late-night show. Arcade Fire returns as musical guest. Miley Cyrus, fresh off her stint at the MTV Video Music Awards, will be host and musical guest both on October 5, Bruce Willis and Katy Perry will host and perform, respectively, on October 12. SNL has added five new castmembers for this season after the departures of Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis in May and Seth Meyers leaving later in the fall to take over Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Returns Sept 28 With Tina Fey Hosting; Miley Cyrus Hosts Oct 5
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video