Tina Fey‘s schedule is a bit more free on the TV side these days after her long-running 30 Rock wrapped its run in the spring. She will return to NBC‘s airwaves September 28 to host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. It launches the 39th season of the late-night show. Arcade Fire returns as musical guest. Miley Cyrus, fresh off her stint at the MTV Video Music Awards, will be host and musical guest both on October 5, Bruce Willis and Katy Perry will host and perform, respectively, on October 12. SNL has added five new castmembers for this season after the departures of Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis in May and Seth Meyers leaving later in the fall to take over Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Returns Sept 28 With Tina Fey Hosting; Miley Cyrus Hosts Oct 5
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words
- Jon Cor Joins ‘Shadowhunters’ On ABC Family
- Keke Palmer Joins ‘Grease: Live’ On Fox
- Graham Moore-Marc Forster Outbreak Drama Gets 10-Episode NBC Series Order
- Evolution Media Ups Alex Baskin To Partner, Expands Creative Team
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Jonathan Tropper Inks Deal With HBO-Cinemax