Last night’s 39th season premiere of Saturday Night Live with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire drew a 4.7/12 in metered–market households and 2.7/13 in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters. That is down a tenth in households and 18-49 from last fall’s season premiere (with host Seth MacFarlane) which was two weeks earlier and in the heat of the Presidential campaign. Last night’s show matched the HH and demo ratings for the SNL season finale on May 18 with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West. Fey’s previous turn as SNL host in May 2011 logged a 5.3/13 in HHs and 2.8/12 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere Just Shy Of Last Year’s Opener, On Par With Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy Ex’ Even
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule