Last night’s 39th season premiere of Saturday Night Live with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire drew a 4.7/12 in metered–market households and 2.7/13 in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters. That is down a tenth in households and 18-49 from last fall’s season premiere (with host Seth MacFarlane) which was two weeks earlier and in the heat of the Presidential campaign. Last night’s show matched the HH and demo ratings for the SNL season finale on May 18 with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West. Fey’s previous turn as SNL host in May 2011 logged a 5.3/13 in HHs and 2.8/12 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere Just Shy Of Last Year’s Opener, On Par With Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’