Last night’s 39th season premiere of Saturday Night Live with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire drew a 4.7/12 in metered–market households and 2.7/13 in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters. That is down a tenth in households and 18-49 from last fall’s season premiere (with host Seth MacFarlane) which was two weeks earlier and in the heat of the Presidential campaign. Last night’s show matched the HH and demo ratings for the SNL season finale on May 18 with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West. Fey’s previous turn as SNL host in May 2011 logged a 5.3/13 in HHs and 2.8/12 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere Just Shy Of Last Year’s Opener, On Par With Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘SuperMansion’: Crackle Unveils Season 3 Trailer, Premiere Date
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Debuts Season 3 Trailer; Cast & Creator Talk Show’s Inclusivity – Wondercon
- NCAA Leads Friday Ratings, ‘Dynasty’ Grows, NBC Bags Biggest Non-Sports Crowd
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Republican Party “Like The Titanic”; Says No Love Between Trump & California
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March