“We have created something incredible,” Pranav Mistry, Head of Samsung‘s Think Tank Team, said at the unveiling today in Berlin. “Welcome to the future.” Sure, that’s grandiose. Still, Samsung’s Galaxy Gear looks intriguing for a first-generation device — introduced ahead of Apple’s expected launch of its iWatch. The Samsung watch has a 1.63-inch touch display, 800MHz custom CPU, 512 MB of RAM, a gyroscope and accelerometer and can run 25 hours on a charge. It wirelessly connects to the company’s Galaxy Note 3 smartphone, also introduced today, so you can look like Dick Tracy making phone calls on your wrist. But it also can serve as a pedometer, and manages emails, text messages, calendar events, notifications, music, and photos. It has a 1.9-megapixel camera in the strap and can transmit your shots. Apps are being specially designed for Gear. The smartwatch will be available in 149 countries on September 25, and will go worldwide in October. No word yet on price.
Samsung Introduces Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fills The Canvas of Sondheim & Lapine’s ‘Sunday In The Park With George’ – Review
- Donald Trump Walk Of Fame Star Already Being Repaired As Hollywood Group Vows To Press Charges
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution
- Watch Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Get Destroyed