“We have created something incredible,” Pranav Mistry, Head of Samsung‘s Think Tank Team, said at the unveiling today in Berlin. “Welcome to the future.” Sure, that’s grandiose. Still, Samsung’s Galaxy Gear looks intriguing for a first-generation device — introduced ahead of Apple’s expected launch of its iWatch. The Samsung watch has a 1.63-inch touch display, 800MHz custom CPU, 512 MB of RAM, a gyroscope and accelerometer and can run 25 hours on a charge. It wirelessly connects to the company’s Galaxy Note 3 smartphone, also introduced today, so you can look like Dick Tracy making phone calls on your wrist. But it also can serve as a pedometer, and manages emails, text messages, calendar events, notifications, music, and photos. It has a 1.9-megapixel camera in the strap and can transmit your shots. Apps are being specially designed for Gear. The smartwatch will be available in 149 countries on September 25, and will go worldwide in October. No word yet on price.
Samsung Introduces Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Business News
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…
- NFL Network Suspends Analysts After Sexual Harassment Accusations From Former Employee
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas
- Mia Kirshner Calls On CAA To Lead (And Fund) An Effort To Combat Sexual Harassment In Hollywood
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years