After all the secrecy that went into the deal making for the book and documentary about reclusive author J.D. Salinger, it is all off to a strong start. The book by David Shields and Shane Salerno is debuting in the sixth slot of The New York Times bestseller list. The Salerno-directed documentary Salinger, which launched last Friday in four theaters, finished with a $22,742 per screen, which was tops in the marketplace. Even Salinger’s work benefited: The Catcher In The Rye hit the top ten on Amazon.
‘Salinger’ Hits Bestseller List And ‘Catcher In The Rye’ Gets Second Wind
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Fleming Jr
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- EuropaCorp Seeing Red; Bolsters Film Slate, Ups Lisa Ellzey To Film Prexy
- 'Doctor Who's Matt Smith In 'Patient Zero'
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script