Salil Mehta had been COO and CFO of NBCUniversal‘s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division since 2011. Now he has jumped to join 20th Century Fox Film as President of Content Management, a newly created position in which he will coordinate the studio’s content distribution in all media to maximize returns and generate new revenue opportunities. He also will be responsible for the digital media division and overseeing the studio’s worldwide TV distribution. In addition, he will be responsible for the company’s strategic planning and business development, including emerging media platforms, and will oversee Fox’s technology and engineering activities. He’ll report to Fox Film chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos. At NBCU, Mehta was elevated in 2011 to be a part of the exec team that oversaw the company’s cable networks Bravo, Oxygen and Style; the Spanish-language broadcast network Telemundo; and NBCUniversal’s digital assets including Fandango and Daily Candy. Before that he was President of Business Operations, Strategy and Development at NBCU. During that time he managed negotiations for NBCU’s purchase of The Weather Channel, played a role the creation of A&E Television Networks and the sale of the Sundance Channel unit to Rainbow Media, and helped NBCU transition after it was acquired by Comcast. He also worked at Disney and ESPN.
Fox Film Taps NBCU’s Salil Mehta To Be President Of Content Mangement
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch