Salil Mehta had been COO and CFO of NBCUniversal‘s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division since 2011. Now he has jumped to join 20th Century Fox Film as President of Content Management, a newly created position in which he will coordinate the studio’s content distribution in all media to maximize returns and generate new revenue opportunities. He also will be responsible for the digital media division and overseeing the studio’s worldwide TV distribution. In addition, he will be responsible for the company’s strategic planning and business development, including emerging media platforms, and will oversee Fox’s technology and engineering activities. He’ll report to Fox Film chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos. At NBCU, Mehta was elevated in 2011 to be a part of the exec team that oversaw the company’s cable networks Bravo, Oxygen and Style; the Spanish-language broadcast network Telemundo; and NBCUniversal’s digital assets including Fandango and Daily Candy. Before that he was President of Business Operations, Strategy and Development at NBCU. During that time he managed negotiations for NBCU’s purchase of The Weather Channel, played a role the creation of A&E Television Networks and the sale of the Sundance Channel unit to Rainbow Media, and helped NBCU transition after it was acquired by Comcast. He also worked at Disney and ESPN.
Fox Film Taps NBCU’s Salil Mehta To Be President Of Content Mangement
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings