EXCLUSIVE: Sony has signed Rob Lowe to join Cameron Diaz and Jason Segal in Sex Tape, the comedy that Jake Kasdan co-wrote and is directing. Segal and Diaz play a husband and wife who try to re-energize their marriage by making a personal sex tape which finds its way outside of their home. Lowe will play a mysterious, and highly strung CEO of a publicly traded Children’s Toy Company who inadvertently receives the couples tape, which they must attempt to steal back. Rob Corddry and Jack Black also star and Escape Artists’ Todd Black and Steve Tisch are producing. Lowe plays JFK in Killing Kennedy, the docudrama adaptation of the book by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard which airs November 10 on the National Geographic Channel. Here’s a look at Lowe in that role:
Rob Lowe Joins Sony’s ‘Sex Tape’ Comedy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start