Two-time Oscar winning production designer Rick Carter has been chosen to receive the Art Directors Guild‘s Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 8 at the 18th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Carter won the Academy Award last year for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and for 2010’s Avatar and was nominated for Forrest Gump (2004) and War Horse (2011). His career began in 1976 on Bound For Glory and he has had a long association with Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, working on such films as The Goonies (1985), the Back To The Future trilogy franchise, the Jurassic Park franchise, Amistad (1997), Cast Away (2000), The Polar Express (2004), and War Of The Worlds (2005). His other credits include Death Becomes Her (1992), What Lies Beneath (2000), A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), Munich (2005) and Sucker Punch (2011). He is currently working on Jurassic Park IV. The ADG Awards‘ nominations will be unveiled January 9.
Rick Carter To Receive Art Directors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video