Two-time Oscar winning production designer Rick Carter has been chosen to receive the Art Directors Guild‘s Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 8 at the 18th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Carter won the Academy Award last year for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and for 2010’s Avatar and was nominated for Forrest Gump (2004) and War Horse (2011). His career began in 1976 on Bound For Glory and he has had a long association with Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, working on such films as The Goonies (1985), the Back To The Future trilogy franchise, the Jurassic Park franchise, Amistad (1997), Cast Away (2000), The Polar Express (2004), and War Of The Worlds (2005). His other credits include Death Becomes Her (1992), What Lies Beneath (2000), A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), Munich (2005) and Sucker Punch (2011). He is currently working on Jurassic Park IV. The ADG Awards‘ nominations will be unveiled January 9.
Rick Carter To Receive Art Directors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Salman Rushdie Extols The Immigrant’s Struggle Of ‘Lion’: Guest Column
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…