Two-time Oscar winning production designer Rick Carter has been chosen to receive the Art Directors Guild‘s Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 8 at the 18th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Carter won the Academy Award last year for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and for 2010’s Avatar and was nominated for Forrest Gump (2004) and War Horse (2011). His career began in 1976 on Bound For Glory and he has had a long association with Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, working on such films as The Goonies (1985), the Back To The Future trilogy franchise, the Jurassic Park franchise, Amistad (1997), Cast Away (2000), The Polar Express (2004), and War Of The Worlds (2005). His other credits include Death Becomes Her (1992), What Lies Beneath (2000), A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), Munich (2005) and Sucker Punch (2011). He is currently working on Jurassic Park IV. The ADG Awards‘ nominations will be unveiled January 9.
Rick Carter To Receive Art Directors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast