Two-time Oscar winning production designer Rick Carter has been chosen to receive the Art Directors Guild‘s Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be bestowed February 8 at the 18th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards at the Beverly Hilton. Carter won the Academy Award last year for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln and for 2010’s Avatar and was nominated for Forrest Gump (2004) and War Horse (2011). His career began in 1976 on Bound For Glory and he has had a long association with Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, working on such films as The Goonies (1985), the Back To The Future trilogy franchise, the Jurassic Park franchise, Amistad (1997), Cast Away (2000), The Polar Express (2004), and War Of The Worlds (2005). His other credits include Death Becomes Her (1992), What Lies Beneath (2000), A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), Munich (2005) and Sucker Punch (2011). He is currently working on Jurassic Park IV. The ADG Awards‘ nominations will be unveiled January 9.
Rick Carter To Receive Art Directors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories