EXCLUSIVE: Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan has signed with Resolution. Bachchan is considered the icon of the Indian film industry and recently starred in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby. His breakthrough role was in the film Zanjeer which established his persona of the “angry young man” of Bollywood. Amitabh reworked the image of the Hindi film hero with major hits like Deewar, Sholay, Trishul and Don. He popularized the violent melodrama genre but had an equal flair for tragedies and comedies. Attesting to his popularity, the entire nation of India prayed for his recovery during a near fatal accident on a film set in 1982. The agency will look to build the Hollywood feature momentum that came with Gatsby. Bachchan was once set to star in the Warner Bros film Shantaram when the film got shelved because of the writer’s strike; it’s unclear whether he’ll be involved as it is coming back together with Joel Edgerton starring.
Resolution Signs Bollywood Legend Amitabh Bachchan
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start