Relativity said it has formed 278 Films, which will distribute indie films through the company’s national distribution platform. The stand-alone label will be for producers looking for distribution services while managing their own P&A and as such those pics will be separate from the parent company’s slate. No titles have been set yet. “Relativity has built a world-class distribution platform for our movies and now, we are excited to offer it to independent films looking to bring their stories to audiences across the country”, said Kyle Davies, Relativity’s President of Worldwide Distribution, in announcing the deal.
Relativity Launches Indie Distributor 278 Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks – Mon…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege Christian…