Regis Philbin beat his old show, now called Live With Kelly And Michael in key demos yesterday when he stopped by to co-host the 9 AM hour of WNYW/FOX 5’s Good Day New York with Rosanna Scotto. Rege beat Live in adults 25-54, adults 18-49 and women 25-54; minus Rege, Good Day had lost out to Live in all three demos during August. Philbin and Scotto clocked more than 82,000 25-54 year olds, while Live logged 62,300. Similar story in 18-49, where Philbin and Scotto snared nearly 46,000 to Live‘s 40,000. Live With Kelly and Michael did, however, keep its upper hand in households, viewers of all ages and women aged 18+. Live beat Good Day NY by 70% in households (221,000 vs. 130,000), by 79% in viewers (256,000 vs. 143,000), and by 101% in W18+ (163,000 vs. 81,000). Sharing the couch with Scotto, who worked for Philbin in 1982 as a production assistant on his show, he got in a couple words edgewise about his new live Fox Sports 1 talk show Crowd Goes Wild. Check it out:
Rege Beats Kelly In New York On Tuesday In Demos: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'