Regis Philbin beat his old show, now called Live With Kelly And Michael in key demos yesterday when he stopped by to co-host the 9 AM hour of WNYW/FOX 5’s Good Day New York with Rosanna Scotto. Rege beat Live in adults 25-54, adults 18-49 and women 25-54; minus Rege, Good Day had lost out to Live in all three demos during August. Philbin and Scotto clocked more than 82,000 25-54 year olds, while Live logged 62,300. Similar story in 18-49, where Philbin and Scotto snared nearly 46,000 to Live‘s 40,000. Live With Kelly and Michael did, however, keep its upper hand in households, viewers of all ages and women aged 18+. Live beat Good Day NY by 70% in households (221,000 vs. 130,000), by 79% in viewers (256,000 vs. 143,000), and by 101% in W18+ (163,000 vs. 81,000). Sharing the couch with Scotto, who worked for Philbin in 1982 as a production assistant on his show, he got in a couple words edgewise about his new live Fox Sports 1 talk show Crowd Goes Wild. Check it out:
Rege Beats Kelly In New York On Tuesday In Demos: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'