Regis Philbin beat his old show, now called Live With Kelly And Michael in key demos yesterday when he stopped by to co-host the 9 AM hour of WNYW/FOX 5’s Good Day New York with Rosanna Scotto. Rege beat Live in adults 25-54, adults 18-49 and women 25-54; minus Rege, Good Day had lost out to Live in all three demos during August. Philbin and Scotto clocked more than 82,000 25-54 year olds, while Live logged 62,300. Similar story in 18-49, where Philbin and Scotto snared nearly 46,000 to Live‘s 40,000. Live With Kelly and Michael did, however, keep its upper hand in households, viewers of all ages and women aged 18+. Live beat Good Day NY by 70% in households (221,000 vs. 130,000), by 79% in viewers (256,000 vs. 143,000), and by 101% in W18+ (163,000 vs. 81,000). Sharing the couch with Scotto, who worked for Philbin in 1982 as a production assistant on his show, he got in a couple words edgewise about his new live Fox Sports 1 talk show Crowd Goes Wild. Check it out:
Rege Beats Kelly In New York On Tuesday In Demos: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'