EXCLUSIVE: Reel FX Animation Studios has set Kung Fu Panda scribes Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff to script W.I.S.H. Police, an animated film that is based on an original short story by Daniel Nayeri. The film will be directed by Headless Productions’ Victor Maldonado, Adrian Garcia and Alfredo Torres. It’s a police procedural revolving around the Imaginary Crimes Unit, a worldwide creature force tasked with monitoring and apprehending Wicked Ideas Suddenly Human (W.I.S.H.). Those are the malevolent wishes that people utter in moments of anger, and evil criminals work to make reality. When a young boy gets jealous of his sister and wishes her out of his life, the W.I.S.H. Police are called in for a tough one. After all, the brat made his wish on a star, while he blew out his birthday cake and held a four-leaf clover in his hand. Yikes. Reel FX hatched Free Birds with Relativity, which releases the film November 1, followed by The Book Of Life with Fox, which will be released October 3, 2014. An adaptation of the Beasts Of Burden comic series is next. The scribes are repped by UTA and Field Entertainment. The directors are repped by UTA and Anonymous.
Reel FX Sets Animated Film ‘W.I.S.H. Police’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation