EXCLUSIVE: Reel FX Animation Studios has set Kung Fu Panda scribes Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff to script W.I.S.H. Police, an animated film that is based on an original short story by Daniel Nayeri. The film will be directed by Headless Productions’ Victor Maldonado, Adrian Garcia and Alfredo Torres. It’s a police procedural revolving around the Imaginary Crimes Unit, a worldwide creature force tasked with monitoring and apprehending Wicked Ideas Suddenly Human (W.I.S.H.). Those are the malevolent wishes that people utter in moments of anger, and evil criminals work to make reality. When a young boy gets jealous of his sister and wishes her out of his life, the W.I.S.H. Police are called in for a tough one. After all, the brat made his wish on a star, while he blew out his birthday cake and held a four-leaf clover in his hand. Yikes. Reel FX hatched Free Birds with Relativity, which releases the film November 1, followed by The Book Of Life with Fox, which will be released October 3, 2014. An adaptation of the Beasts Of Burden comic series is next. The scribes are repped by UTA and Field Entertainment. The directors are repped by UTA and Anonymous.
Reel FX Sets Animated Film ‘W.I.S.H. Police’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'