EXCLUSIVE: Reel FX Animation Studios has set Kung Fu Panda scribes Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff to script W.I.S.H. Police, an animated film that is based on an original short story by Daniel Nayeri. The film will be directed by Headless Productions’ Victor Maldonado, Adrian Garcia and Alfredo Torres. It’s a police procedural revolving around the Imaginary Crimes Unit, a worldwide creature force tasked with monitoring and apprehending Wicked Ideas Suddenly Human (W.I.S.H.). Those are the malevolent wishes that people utter in moments of anger, and evil criminals work to make reality. When a young boy gets jealous of his sister and wishes her out of his life, the W.I.S.H. Police are called in for a tough one. After all, the brat made his wish on a star, while he blew out his birthday cake and held a four-leaf clover in his hand. Yikes. Reel FX hatched Free Birds with Relativity, which releases the film November 1, followed by The Book Of Life with Fox, which will be released October 3, 2014. An adaptation of the Beasts Of Burden comic series is next. The scribes are repped by UTA and Field Entertainment. The directors are repped by UTA and Anonymous.
Reel FX Sets Animated Film ‘W.I.S.H. Police’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'