Rachel Abrams showed her chops often on the financial beat at Deadline’s sister publication. But now she is exiting the showbiz trade after three years (she started as an intern) to cover Wall Street for The New York Times. The move was confirmed today by Penske Media, owner of both Variety and Deadline. “Everyone at Variety has loved working with Rachel and, though it was just three years ago that Rachel entered Variety‘s intern program, we will miss her and wish Rachel much success at The New York Times“, PMC Director of Corporate Communications Lauren Gullion said in a statement.
Rachel Abrams Leaving Variety For New York Times
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'