Paul Greengrass has exited the Aaron Sorkin-scripted Chicago 7. This isn’t a shock, but it was roundly denied when we called last week. Greengrass has other projects that include Memphis, the Greengrass-scripted drama about Martin Luther King Jr.’s last days and the manhunt to find his killer. While there are several MLK films percolating, this one has a script that is Oscar-caliber. That picture was originally shelved after Universal Pictures dropped out, and Greengrass instead directed Captain Phillips, the Sony drama that stars Tom Hanks and will open October 11.
Paul Greengrass Exits ‘Chicago 7′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years
- CAA Promotes Four In Sports, TV & Marketing Departments
- George Clooney Set For Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award