Paul Greengrass has exited the Aaron Sorkin-scripted Chicago 7. This isn’t a shock, but it was roundly denied when we called last week. Greengrass has other projects that include Memphis, the Greengrass-scripted drama about Martin Luther King Jr.’s last days and the manhunt to find his killer. While there are several MLK films percolating, this one has a script that is Oscar-caliber. That picture was originally shelved after Universal Pictures dropped out, and Greengrass instead directed Captain Phillips, the Sony drama that stars Tom Hanks and will open October 11.
Paul Greengrass Exits ‘Chicago 7′
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney