Paul Greengrass has exited the Aaron Sorkin-scripted Chicago 7. This isn’t a shock, but it was roundly denied when we called last week. Greengrass has other projects that include Memphis, the Greengrass-scripted drama about Martin Luther King Jr.’s last days and the manhunt to find his killer. While there are several MLK films percolating, this one has a script that is Oscar-caliber. That picture was originally shelved after Universal Pictures dropped out, and Greengrass instead directed Captain Phillips, the Sony drama that stars Tom Hanks and will open October 11.
Paul Greengrass Exits ‘Chicago 7′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa