EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has tapped Christopher Landon to direct Scouts Vs. Zombies as his followup to Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, which the studio releases January 3. Landon wrote and directed that sequel after writing Paranormal Activity 3 and PA 4, and co-writing Paranormal 2. He will then take on Scouts Vs. Zombies. Landon will do a director’s pass on the Black List script by Carrie Evans and Emi Mochizuk, which was re-written by Lona Williams, whose draft attracted directors to the project. Production begins in the spring. What’s it about? Think it through. The film is produced by Todd Garner and his Broken Road Productions, Andy Fickman and Betsy Sullenger of Oops Doughnuts, and Bryan Brucks and his Brucks Entertainment. Broken Road’s Sean Robins is exec producer. Langdon steps up to bigger budget fare after years of doing microbudget films at Paramount and working before that with Adam Goodman at DreamWorks on Disturbia. CAA and Mosaic rep Landon, who’s lawyered by Michael Schenkman.
Scout’s Honor: ‘Paranormal’s Christopher Landon Helming ‘Scouts Vs. Zombies’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script
- 'Divergent's Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller 'All The Old Knives'
- Don't We Want '70s-Style Adult Thrillers Like 'A Walk Among The Tombstones'? A Chat With Scott Frank
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks