EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has tapped Christopher Landon to direct Scouts Vs. Zombies as his followup to Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, which the studio releases January 3. Landon wrote and directed that sequel after writing Paranormal Activity 3 and PA 4, and co-writing Paranormal 2. He will then take on Scouts Vs. Zombies. Landon will do a director’s pass on the Black List script by Carrie Evans and Emi Mochizuk, which was re-written by Lona Williams, whose draft attracted directors to the project. Production begins in the spring. What’s it about? Think it through. The film is produced by Todd Garner and his Broken Road Productions, Andy Fickman and Betsy Sullenger of Oops Doughnuts, and Bryan Brucks and his Brucks Entertainment. Broken Road’s Sean Robins is exec producer. Langdon steps up to bigger budget fare after years of doing microbudget films at Paramount and working before that with Adam Goodman at DreamWorks on Disturbia. CAA and Mosaic rep Landon, who’s lawyered by Michael Schenkman.
Scout’s Honor: ‘Paranormal’s Christopher Landon Helming ‘Scouts Vs. Zombies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts