EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has tapped Christopher Landon to direct Scouts Vs. Zombies as his followup to Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, which the studio releases January 3. Landon wrote and directed that sequel after writing Paranormal Activity 3 and PA 4, and co-writing Paranormal 2. He will then take on Scouts Vs. Zombies. Landon will do a director’s pass on the Black List script by Carrie Evans and Emi Mochizuk, which was re-written by Lona Williams, whose draft attracted directors to the project. Production begins in the spring. What’s it about? Think it through. The film is produced by Todd Garner and his Broken Road Productions, Andy Fickman and Betsy Sullenger of Oops Doughnuts, and Bryan Brucks and his Brucks Entertainment. Broken Road’s Sean Robins is exec producer. Langdon steps up to bigger budget fare after years of doing microbudget films at Paramount and working before that with Adam Goodman at DreamWorks on Disturbia. CAA and Mosaic rep Landon, who’s lawyered by Michael Schenkman.
Scout’s Honor: ‘Paranormal’s Christopher Landon Helming ‘Scouts Vs. Zombies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation