EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has tapped Christopher Landon to direct Scouts Vs. Zombies as his followup to Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, which the studio releases January 3. Landon wrote and directed that sequel after writing Paranormal Activity 3 and PA 4, and co-writing Paranormal 2. He will then take on Scouts Vs. Zombies. Landon will do a director’s pass on the Black List script by Carrie Evans and Emi Mochizuk, which was re-written by Lona Williams, whose draft attracted directors to the project. Production begins in the spring. What’s it about? Think it through. The film is produced by Todd Garner and his Broken Road Productions, Andy Fickman and Betsy Sullenger of Oops Doughnuts, and Bryan Brucks and his Brucks Entertainment. Broken Road’s Sean Robins is exec producer. Langdon steps up to bigger budget fare after years of doing microbudget films at Paramount and working before that with Adam Goodman at DreamWorks on Disturbia. CAA and Mosaic rep Landon, who’s lawyered by Michael Schenkman.
Scout’s Honor: ‘Paranormal’s Christopher Landon Helming ‘Scouts Vs. Zombies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE