Look who’s coming back to CBS‘ Criminal Minds. Former cast member Paget Brewster is set to reprise her character Emily Prentiss on the upcoming 200th episode of the veteran crime drama, which will air later this season. “Our 200th episode is going to be a special show,” said showrunner Erica Messer. “We can’t imagine telling this story without Paget being present.” In the episode, glimpses into the past shed light onto what happened to JJ Jareau (A.J. Cook) during her year away from the BAU, and will also prove valuable in the team’s efforts to solve a present day case. Brewster left Criminal Minds in May 2012 after a six-year stint, including turbulent last two seasons on the show that included a status reduction and an unsuccessful exit attempt. But things seem to have healed up, and Prentiss was not killed off, leaving the door for Brewster to return. The move is reminiscent of original CSI co-star Marg Helgenberger’s upcoming return to the CBS drama for its 300th episode.
Paget Brewster Back On ‘Criminal Minds’ For 200th Episode
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?