Look who’s coming back to CBS‘ Criminal Minds. Former cast member Paget Brewster is set to reprise her character Emily Prentiss on the upcoming 200th episode of the veteran crime drama, which will air later this season. “Our 200th episode is going to be a special show,” said showrunner Erica Messer. “We can’t imagine telling this story without Paget being present.” In the episode, glimpses into the past shed light onto what happened to JJ Jareau (A.J. Cook) during her year away from the BAU, and will also prove valuable in the team’s efforts to solve a present day case. Brewster left Criminal Minds in May 2012 after a six-year stint, including turbulent last two seasons on the show that included a status reduction and an unsuccessful exit attempt. But things seem to have healed up, and Prentiss was not killed off, leaving the door for Brewster to return. The move is reminiscent of original CSI co-star Marg Helgenberger’s upcoming return to the CBS drama for its 300th episode.
Paget Brewster Back On ‘Criminal Minds’ For 200th Episode
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'