There will be even more Oprah Winfrey on OWN — the network has picked up the network television rights to Lee Daniels’ The Butler, toplined by OWN’s CEO and star Winfrey and Forest Whitaker. OWN is getting the first broadcast window behind pay television beginning in 2017. The Weinstein Company-produced sleeper hit recently surpassed $100 million at the box office. “This is a film that every American should see and we look forward to its debut on OWN,” said Sheri Salata, president, OWN. “Lee Daniels’ The Butler tells the story of a White House butler who served seven American presidents over three decades.
OWN Acquires ‘Lee Daniels’ The Butler’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'