There will be even more Oprah Winfrey on OWN — the network has picked up the network television rights to Lee Daniels’ The Butler, toplined by OWN’s CEO and star Winfrey and Forest Whitaker. OWN is getting the first broadcast window behind pay television beginning in 2017. The Weinstein Company-produced sleeper hit recently surpassed $100 million at the box office. “This is a film that every American should see and we look forward to its debut on OWN,” said Sheri Salata, president, OWN. “Lee Daniels’ The Butler tells the story of a White House butler who served seven American presidents over three decades.
OWN Acquires ‘Lee Daniels’ The Butler’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates