The concert docu One Direction: This Is Us will screen in theaters beginning Friday with an additional 20 minutes of footage and four songs not in the original cut of the movie. The songs will be decided on by Twitter votes by the boy band’s voracious fans. “We’re overwhelmed by the response to the film, so we’re thrilled to be able to release this extended cut of the film for One Direction fans”, Jeff Blake, Chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures, said in a release announcing the plan. “Followers can reach out on Twitter @1DThisIsUs with the songs they’d like to hear in the film — and go to the theater on Friday to see and hear which songs make the cut.” The Sony Pictures/TriStar movie opened over Labor Day weekend and has grossed about $50 million worldwide to date. Morgan Spurlock directed the documentary that follows the boy band on its recent Take Me Home Tour. The teen idols were discovered on Simon Cowell’s UK The X Factor in 2010. Since then, they’ve sold over 29 million records.
‘One Direction: This Is Us’ Extended Cut To Hit Theaters Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018