NBC and NBC Sports had the exclusive this afternoon as Tokyo won the coveted 2020 Summer Olympics hosting gig, announced by the IOC’s Jacques Rogge. The 16 hour time difference doesn’t bode well for TV although NBC Olympics exec producer Jim Bell called Tokyo the “safest bet.” Tweeted Bell: “Congrats to all the 2020 bid cities. Would have loved any of them. IOC went with safest bet in Tokyo.”
2020 Summer Olympics Bound For Tokyo; “Safest Bet,” Tweets NBC Exec Producer
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks