The former president of Pretty Dangerous Films and exec at Mandalay Pictures was just named president of production for the film finance and production company recently launched by Timothy Christian. Ryan Johnson “has built an amazing network of relationships and he has his finger on the pulse of Hollywood,” the Night Fox Entertainment CEO says. Christian has raised about $50M with plans to “finance, develop, acquire, and produce live action motion pictures across a variety of platforms.” He primarily intends to provide gap or finishing funds for film projects, typically at less than $5M a pop. Johnson will look for “emerging and established filmmakers whose sensibilities align with the company,” Night Fox says. At Mandalay, Johnson helped to develop films including The Score and Into The Blue. At Pretty Dangerous Films he produced features including Edmond, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Chasing 3000.
Night Fox Entertainment Taps Ryan Johnson To Oversee Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Business News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- Axium Ex-Boss Convicted Of Tax Evasion; Company Was Showbiz Payroll Powerhouse Before Collapsing