The former president of Pretty Dangerous Films and exec at Mandalay Pictures was just named president of production for the film finance and production company recently launched by Timothy Christian. Ryan Johnson “has built an amazing network of relationships and he has his finger on the pulse of Hollywood,” the Night Fox Entertainment CEO says. Christian has raised about $50M with plans to “finance, develop, acquire, and produce live action motion pictures across a variety of platforms.” He primarily intends to provide gap or finishing funds for film projects, typically at less than $5M a pop. Johnson will look for “emerging and established filmmakers whose sensibilities align with the company,” Night Fox says. At Mandalay, Johnson helped to develop films including The Score and Into The Blue. At Pretty Dangerous Films he produced features including Edmond, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Chasing 3000.
Night Fox Entertainment Taps Ryan Johnson To Oversee Production
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- UPDATE: Comcast Says HBO And CBS Online Plans Won't Upset TV Ecosystem: Live Blog
- Streaming Cash: Redbox Reports Losses From Its Joint Venture With Verizon
- Cable Programmers, Citing Privacy Concerns, Hold Up FCC's Review Of Comcast And DirecTV Deals
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition
- Yahoo Shares Rise As Mobile Revenues Help It Beat Q3 Earnings Expectations
- Will Time Warner Feel A Bruise From Its Battle With Dish Network?