The former president of Pretty Dangerous Films and exec at Mandalay Pictures was just named president of production for the film finance and production company recently launched by Timothy Christian. Ryan Johnson “has built an amazing network of relationships and he has his finger on the pulse of Hollywood,” the Night Fox Entertainment CEO says. Christian has raised about $50M with plans to “finance, develop, acquire, and produce live action motion pictures across a variety of platforms.” He primarily intends to provide gap or finishing funds for film projects, typically at less than $5M a pop. Johnson will look for “emerging and established filmmakers whose sensibilities align with the company,” Night Fox says. At Mandalay, Johnson helped to develop films including The Score and Into The Blue. At Pretty Dangerous Films he produced features including Edmond, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Chasing 3000.
Night Fox Entertainment Taps Ryan Johnson To Oversee Production
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Lieberman
- Will Redbox's 25% Price Hike For DVD Rentals Hurt Its Bargain Image?
- Exhibitors Agree To “Landmark” ADA Compromise On Closed Captioning
- Court Blocks FCC On Content Deals, Cutting Outsiders' Access To Program Terms
- Turner Networks, Including CNN, Return To Dish Network
- Norman Lear Nixes 'All In The Family' Reboot For Sony--For Now
- Aereo Files For Bankruptcy Protection