The former president of Pretty Dangerous Films and exec at Mandalay Pictures was just named president of production for the film finance and production company recently launched by Timothy Christian. Ryan Johnson “has built an amazing network of relationships and he has his finger on the pulse of Hollywood,” the Night Fox Entertainment CEO says. Christian has raised about $50M with plans to “finance, develop, acquire, and produce live action motion pictures across a variety of platforms.” He primarily intends to provide gap or finishing funds for film projects, typically at less than $5M a pop. Johnson will look for “emerging and established filmmakers whose sensibilities align with the company,” Night Fox says. At Mandalay, Johnson helped to develop films including The Score and Into The Blue. At Pretty Dangerous Films he produced features including Edmond, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Chasing 3000.
Night Fox Entertainment Taps Ryan Johnson To Oversee Production
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Will HBO Team Up With Apple For Online Service Launch?
- Warner Bros CEO Forecasts More Cost Cutting, Even As Studio Grows
- Netflix Looks At ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ As An Experiment
- Chase Carey: Online Video Services Are A “Big Priority” For Fox
- Regal Adds MovieTickets.com For Online Ticket Sales In Non-Exclusive Deal
- Sling TV Folds IFC, Sundance TV, And EPIX Into Its Program Offerings