The former president of Pretty Dangerous Films and exec at Mandalay Pictures was just named president of production for the film finance and production company recently launched by Timothy Christian. Ryan Johnson “has built an amazing network of relationships and he has his finger on the pulse of Hollywood,” the Night Fox Entertainment CEO says. Christian has raised about $50M with plans to “finance, develop, acquire, and produce live action motion pictures across a variety of platforms.” He primarily intends to provide gap or finishing funds for film projects, typically at less than $5M a pop. Johnson will look for “emerging and established filmmakers whose sensibilities align with the company,” Night Fox says. At Mandalay, Johnson helped to develop films including The Score and Into The Blue. At Pretty Dangerous Films he produced features including Edmond, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Chasing 3000.
Night Fox Entertainment Taps Ryan Johnson To Oversee Production
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest Business News
- Charter-Time Warner Cable Deal Would Reduce Competition Opponents Tell FCC
- ‘Walking Dead’ Lawsuit: Frank Darabont & CAA Bite AMC Back Over Contract Claims
- ‘Hamilton’ Juggernaut Returned 25% Of Its $12.5M Costs In Five Weeks
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?
- Participant Media Taps David Linde To Be CEO
- Broadway Back Big Time With 22% Box Office Bounce; ‘Lion King’ $2M