Former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey is going back to her comedy roots with The Bass Player, His Neighbors, Their Landlord & Their Lovers, a multi-camera comedy which has landed at NBC with a put pilot commitment. The project, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros. TV, is in the vein of Jack Berlanti’s Jack & Bobby. It follows three guys and two women in their 20s who live in a brownstone in 2014 in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, D.C., as they navigate relationships and careers in pursuit of love, sex, money and power. What these friends don’t know is that in 2036, one of them will become the 50th President of the United States while the rest are unknowingly part of the vetting process of the future president. Veasey is executive producing with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman, with KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This fulfills the two-script deal Veasey inked with JBTV in May as she also has a cop drama based on Jonathan Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series of books at Fox. Veasey started her career in comedy with stints on such shows as Gimme a Break!, In Living Color and Between Brothers before segueing to drama. This is the fourth sale this season for Bruckheimer TV whose slate has been evenly split between comedy and drama. The company has two put pilot commitments, for The Bass Player and drama Home at Fox and script commitments for comedy Bagel Nation at ABC and drama Oasis at CBS.
NBC Nabs Jerry Bruckheimer/Pam Veasey Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live': Video
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive