After lengthy negotiations, NBC has closed a deal for a drama project starring Grey’s Anatomy alumna Katherine Heigl with a put pilot commitment. Written by Alexi Hawley (The Following), the untitled drama, laid off at Universal TV, stars Heigl as a key CIA analyst whose job it is to debrief and strategize with the president on the most pressing global and national matters. She balances this incredibly high-stakes job and trusted relationship with her complicated personal life. Heigl and her mom Nancy Heigl executive produce under their Abishag Prods banner along with Hawley, Robert Simonds, Henry Crumpton and Rodney Faraon, who has debriefed several presidents. This is the first TV project to come out of a joint venture between Aardwolf Creative and film producer Simonds. Julia Franz, who works with Simonds, will also exec produce. It also marks the return to primetime of Emmy winner Heigl. “I have been passionate about, and enthralled by, this project from the moment Hank, Rodney and Bob brought it to me over a year ago,” she said. “The story is not only compelling and intelligent but a look behind the curtain at the CIA we haven’t seen before in film or television.” CAA reps Heigl and Hawley who is manged by the Shuman Co.
NBC Lands Katherine Heigl’s CIA Drama Project With Put Pilot Commitment
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV