After lengthy negotiations, NBC has closed a deal for a drama project starring Grey’s Anatomy alumna Katherine Heigl with a put pilot commitment. Written by Alexi Hawley (The Following), the untitled drama, laid off at Universal TV, stars Heigl as a key CIA analyst whose job it is to debrief and strategize with the president on the most pressing global and national matters. She balances this incredibly high-stakes job and trusted relationship with her complicated personal life. Heigl and her mom Nancy Heigl executive produce under their Abishag Prods banner along with Hawley, Robert Simonds, Henry Crumpton and Rodney Faraon, who has debriefed several presidents. This is the first TV project to come out of a joint venture between Aardwolf Creative and film producer Simonds. Julia Franz, who works with Simonds, will also exec produce. It also marks the return to primetime of Emmy winner Heigl. “I have been passionate about, and enthralled by, this project from the moment Hank, Rodney and Bob brought it to me over a year ago,” she said. “The story is not only compelling and intelligent but a look behind the curtain at the CIA we haven’t seen before in film or television.” CAA reps Heigl and Hawley who is manged by the Shuman Co.
NBC Lands Katherine Heigl’s CIA Drama Project With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention