EXCLUSIVE: This is kind of timely with the current US-Russia cooperation in the effort to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons. NBC has put in development Ghost Projekt, a drama based on the Oni Press graphic novel series written by Joe Harris and illustrated by Steve Rolston. Written by John Glenn and feature writer/director André Øvredal (Troll Hunter), the show centers on an American UN weapons inspector and a Russian FSB agent who are forced to team up to chase a group of thieves before they end up spreading dangerous supernatural material stolen from an old abandoned Soviet weapons lab. Feature writer/director Øvredal will direct the pilot and serve as co-executive producer. Glenn will executive produce with Close On Mondays’ Eric Gitter for Universal TV and Oni Press’ sister company Closed On Mondays, which has a first-look deal at the studio. Last season, the companies teamed to adapt another Oni Press graphic novel, The Sixth Gun, with the project going to pilot. Closed On Mondays’ Noah Greenshner will serve as co-executive producer on Ghost Projekt, with Oni Press’s Joe Nozemack & James Lucas Jones serving as producers. Uni TV-based Glenn, repped by WME, Brian Lutz, and Warren Dern, also has drama project Conception at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Eric Gitter, Closed On Mondays and Oni Press are repped by WME, David Guillod and Fred Goodman. Øvredal is with by WME, Industry Entertainment and Adam Kaller. Harris is with APA, Industry and Sloss Eckhouse.
NBC Developing Drama Based On Oni Press’ ‘Ghost Projekt’ Graphic Novel
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Sets Code of Conduct
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’