Conspiracy, a drama series project based on Christopher MacBride’s 2012 found footage-style indie feature The Conspiracy, has landed at NBC as a put pilot. Written and executive produced by Contagion scribe Scott Z. Burns, the TV adaptation centers on a conspiracy theorist who vanishes after a man is killed at an Occupy Wall Street protest, leaving behind his sister and an FBI agent to investigate. Also executive producing are Working Title Films’ Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Liza Chasin, with the company’s Daniel Pipski co-executive producing. The rights to The Conspiracy, written & directed by MacBride and produced by Lee Kim, were held and shopped by Kyle Franke and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films, with MacBride, Kim, Franke and Tertzakian also executive producing the TV version. (watch the movie’s official trailer below). This marks feature writer Burns’ reunion with Working Title where he developed his first project, PU-239, which subsequently went to HBO with Burns directing. His writing credits also include Side Effects, The Informant and The Bourne Ultimatum, and he was a producer on An Inconvenient Truth. Burns is with UTA, which also reps Working Title and XYZ Films, and Anonymous Content.
NBC Buys Scott Z. Burns ‘Conspiracy’ Drama Based On 2012 Feature As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Angus Sampson Joins Hulu Drama ‘Shut Eye’; Manny Montana Cast in ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- NBC’s Matt Hubbard Comedy Pilot Adds Three To Family
- Natalie Martinez To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘A.P.B.’
- Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Show Finally A Go At NBC
- Jennifer Getzinger To Helm ‘Miranda’s Rights’, Only Female Director Hire On Drama Pilot This Season
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot