Could this be NBC‘s next Will & Grace? NBC has put in development G’Uncle, a comedy project from writer Billy Finnegan (Don’t Trust The B—-), Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck‘s studio-based Olive Bridge, which has received a script commitment with a sizable penalty attached. The premise of the single-camera comedy is somewhat reminiscent of one of NBC’s biggest hits of the past decade, Will & Grace, if Will and Grace were siblings. G’Uncle is inspired by Finnegan’s own experience as a gay man living with his sister, her husband, and their two little kids in Washington DC. At that time, he became a go-between in his sister’s marriage and the go-to babysitter for the kids. Finnegan is writing the script, with Michael Patrick Jann (Us & Them) attached to direct. The two executive produce with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Finnegan is with CAA and Mosaic; Jann is with CAA and Hansen Jacobsen; Olive Bridge is with UTA.
NBC Buys Gay-Straight Sibling Comedy Produced By Will Gluck With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast