Could this be NBC‘s next Will & Grace? NBC has put in development G’Uncle, a comedy project from writer Billy Finnegan (Don’t Trust The B—-), Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck‘s studio-based Olive Bridge, which has received a script commitment with a sizable penalty attached. The premise of the single-camera comedy is somewhat reminiscent of one of NBC’s biggest hits of the past decade, Will & Grace, if Will and Grace were siblings. G’Uncle is inspired by Finnegan’s own experience as a gay man living with his sister, her husband, and their two little kids in Washington DC. At that time, he became a go-between in his sister’s marriage and the go-to babysitter for the kids. Finnegan is writing the script, with Michael Patrick Jann (Us & Them) attached to direct. The two executive produce with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Finnegan is with CAA and Mosaic; Jann is with CAA and Hansen Jacobsen; Olive Bridge is with UTA.
NBC Buys Gay-Straight Sibling Comedy Produced By Will Gluck With Penalty
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?