Could this be NBC‘s next Will & Grace? NBC has put in development G’Uncle, a comedy project from writer Billy Finnegan (Don’t Trust The B—-), Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck‘s studio-based Olive Bridge, which has received a script commitment with a sizable penalty attached. The premise of the single-camera comedy is somewhat reminiscent of one of NBC’s biggest hits of the past decade, Will & Grace, if Will and Grace were siblings. G’Uncle is inspired by Finnegan’s own experience as a gay man living with his sister, her husband, and their two little kids in Washington DC. At that time, he became a go-between in his sister’s marriage and the go-to babysitter for the kids. Finnegan is writing the script, with Michael Patrick Jann (Us & Them) attached to direct. The two executive produce with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Finnegan is with CAA and Mosaic; Jann is with CAA and Hansen Jacobsen; Olive Bridge is with UTA.
NBC Buys Gay-Straight Sibling Comedy Produced By Will Gluck With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend