Could this be NBC‘s next Will & Grace? NBC has put in development G’Uncle, a comedy project from writer Billy Finnegan (Don’t Trust The B—-), Sony Pictures TV and Will Gluck‘s studio-based Olive Bridge, which has received a script commitment with a sizable penalty attached. The premise of the single-camera comedy is somewhat reminiscent of one of NBC’s biggest hits of the past decade, Will & Grace, if Will and Grace were siblings. G’Uncle is inspired by Finnegan’s own experience as a gay man living with his sister, her husband, and their two little kids in Washington DC. At that time, he became a go-between in his sister’s marriage and the go-to babysitter for the kids. Finnegan is writing the script, with Michael Patrick Jann (Us & Them) attached to direct. The two executive produce with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Finnegan is with CAA and Mosaic; Jann is with CAA and Hansen Jacobsen; Olive Bridge is with UTA.
NBC Buys Gay-Straight Sibling Comedy Produced By Will Gluck With Penalty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'