Constantin Film has postponed the start of principal photography of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes. This is the sequel to Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones, the adaptation of the first of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy novels, that opened on August 21st. It has grossed $58 million worldwide in its three weeks of release. “Pushing back the start of production of City Of Ashes was a decision we did not take lightly. But after speaking with all of our partners on the creative and distribution side, it was clear that it will be beneficial to have more time to reposition the film in the current market place”, Constantin Film’s Martin Moszkowicz said in a statement. Constantin did not indicate when production might begin.
‘Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes’ Delayed
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'