Constantin Film has postponed the start of principal photography of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes. This is the sequel to Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones, the adaptation of the first of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy novels, that opened on August 21st. It has grossed $58 million worldwide in its three weeks of release. “Pushing back the start of production of City Of Ashes was a decision we did not take lightly. But after speaking with all of our partners on the creative and distribution side, it was clear that it will be beneficial to have more time to reposition the film in the current market place”, Constantin Film’s Martin Moszkowicz said in a statement. Constantin did not indicate when production might begin.
‘Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes’ Delayed
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks