Constantin Film has postponed the start of principal photography of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes. This is the sequel to Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones, the adaptation of the first of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy novels, that opened on August 21st. It has grossed $58 million worldwide in its three weeks of release. “Pushing back the start of production of City Of Ashes was a decision we did not take lightly. But after speaking with all of our partners on the creative and distribution side, it was clear that it will be beneficial to have more time to reposition the film in the current market place”, Constantin Film’s Martin Moszkowicz said in a statement. Constantin did not indicate when production might begin.
‘Mortal Instruments: City Of Ashes’ Delayed
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Up’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief