Millennium Entertainment acquired U.S. rights to Life Of A King from writer-director Jake Goldberger. Cuba Gooding, Jr. stars. Co-written by Goldberger along with David Scott and Dan Wetzel, the film is based on the true story of Eugene Brown (Gooding, Jr.), an ex-con who founded the Big Chair Chess Club for inner city teenagers in Washington, D.C. The film also stars Malcolm Mays, Richard T. Jones, Paula Jai Parker, Carlton Byrd, LisaGay Hamilton, Dennis Haysbert, Kevin Hendricks, Pepi Sonuga, Jordan Calloway and Rachae Thomas. Serena Films’ Tatiana Kelly and Animus Films’ Jim Young serve as producers. Steak House, Valerie Stadler, and Mary Vernieu serve as co-producers. The company plans on an early 2014 release. After 18 years of incarceration, Brown (Gooding, Jr.) established the Big Chair Chess Club to get kids off the streets and working towards lives they never believed they were capable of.
Millennium Acquires U.S. On ‘Life Of A King’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA