With two series on the air, Michael Schur is among the key writer-producers on Universal Television‘s roster, and the studio is making sure he stays there. Uni TV has signed a new overall deal with Schur, keeping him in the fold through 2016. Schur is co-creator/executive producer on the Uni TV-produced Parks And Recreation, which enters its sixth season on NBC, and new comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which launches on Fox this fall. “Mike is a wildly talented writer and, hands-down, one of the best showrunners in the business,” said Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria. “He is funny, collaborative, smart, solution-oriented and incredibly creative.” Schur has spent most of his career at NBC, starting with a writing gig on Saturday Night Live and working for two years on The Office before moving to Parks & Recreation. “I couldn’t be happier about extending my stay at Universal TV,” Schur said. “Bob (Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment), Jen (Salke, President, NBC Entertainment), Bela and their teams have shown me a tremendous amount of encouragement and support, and not just creatively. This weekend Bob is helping me paint my garage, and Bela is my spotter when I lift.” Schur is with UTA, David Miner at 3 Arts and attorney Ken Richman.
Michael Schur Inks New Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report