EXCLUSIVE: More than a decade after Alias, ABC is eying another drama about a female CIA agent. The network has put in development Clandestine, an hourlong project from Melissa Rosenberg‘s Tall Girls Prods. Written by feature scribe Matthew Sand (Ninja Assassin), Clandestine takes a look into the CIA world through the perspective of an unlikely asset: the hard-partying daughter of the American ambassador to the UK. As her work grows more dangerous, she discovers skills and talents no one ever thought she possessed — especially not her father, from whom she is keeping a dark secret. ABC Studios and studio-based Tall Girl Prods, headed by CEO Rosenberg and president Mandy Safavi (Ender’s Game), are producing. Rosenberg’s TV credits include ABC’s Red Widow and Dexter; on the feature side, she penned all five movies in the Twilight franchise and is currently writing Earthseed for Paramount. Tall Girls is repped by UTA and 3 Arts; Sand, who is writing Arclight for Universal and Imagine, is with Paradigm and Circle of Confusion.
Melissa Rosenberg To Produce CIA Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97