EXCLUSIVE: More than a decade after Alias, ABC is eying another drama about a female CIA agent. The network has put in development Clandestine, an hourlong project from Melissa Rosenberg‘s Tall Girls Prods. Written by feature scribe Matthew Sand (Ninja Assassin), Clandestine takes a look into the CIA world through the perspective of an unlikely asset: the hard-partying daughter of the American ambassador to the UK. As her work grows more dangerous, she discovers skills and talents no one ever thought she possessed — especially not her father, from whom she is keeping a dark secret. ABC Studios and studio-based Tall Girl Prods, headed by CEO Rosenberg and president Mandy Safavi (Ender’s Game), are producing. Rosenberg’s TV credits include ABC’s Red Widow and Dexter; on the feature side, she penned all five movies in the Twilight franchise and is currently writing Earthseed for Paramount. Tall Girls is repped by UTA and 3 Arts; Sand, who is writing Arclight for Universal and Imagine, is with Paradigm and Circle of Confusion.
Melissa Rosenberg To Produce CIA Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed
- ‘In Between Lives’ Casts Anne-Marie Johnson; Raffi Barsoumian Cracks ‘The Code’