EXCLUSIVE: More than a decade after Alias, ABC is eying another drama about a female CIA agent. The network has put in development Clandestine, an hourlong project from Melissa Rosenberg‘s Tall Girls Prods. Written by feature scribe Matthew Sand (Ninja Assassin), Clandestine takes a look into the CIA world through the perspective of an unlikely asset: the hard-partying daughter of the American ambassador to the UK. As her work grows more dangerous, she discovers skills and talents no one ever thought she possessed — especially not her father, from whom she is keeping a dark secret. ABC Studios and studio-based Tall Girl Prods, headed by CEO Rosenberg and president Mandy Safavi (Ender’s Game), are producing. Rosenberg’s TV credits include ABC’s Red Widow and Dexter; on the feature side, she penned all five movies in the Twilight franchise and is currently writing Earthseed for Paramount. Tall Girls is repped by UTA and 3 Arts; Sand, who is writing Arclight for Universal and Imagine, is with Paradigm and Circle of Confusion.
Melissa Rosenberg To Produce CIA Drama For ABC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres