EXCLUSIVE: More than a decade after Alias, ABC is eying another drama about a female CIA agent. The network has put in development Clandestine, an hourlong project from Melissa Rosenberg‘s Tall Girls Prods. Written by feature scribe Matthew Sand (Ninja Assassin), Clandestine takes a look into the CIA world through the perspective of an unlikely asset: the hard-partying daughter of the American ambassador to the UK. As her work grows more dangerous, she discovers skills and talents no one ever thought she possessed — especially not her father, from whom she is keeping a dark secret. ABC Studios and studio-based Tall Girl Prods, headed by CEO Rosenberg and president Mandy Safavi (Ender’s Game), are producing. Rosenberg’s TV credits include ABC’s Red Widow and Dexter; on the feature side, she penned all five movies in the Twilight franchise and is currently writing Earthseed for Paramount. Tall Girls is repped by UTA and 3 Arts; Sand, who is writing Arclight for Universal and Imagine, is with Paradigm and Circle of Confusion.
Melissa Rosenberg To Produce CIA Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?