As his veteran spy drama Burn Notice is wrapping its seven-season run on USA, Matt Nix is readying a new show for the cable network. I’ve learned that Complications, a medical drama from the Burn Notice creator/executive producer, is nearing a pilot order. It centers on an ER doctor whose life changes after he is involved in a gang shooting. He is forced to explore his role in treating the cause of his patients’ medical problems. Nix wrote the script and is executive producing for Burn Notice producer Fox TV Studios where he is under an overall deal. Burn Notice, which has been one of USA Network’s top shows for its entire run, airs its series finale next Thursday. In addition to Complications, WME-repped Nix has expressed interest in pursuing a Burn Notice spinoff movie/potential series centered on characters Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) and Jesse Porter (Coby Bell).
Medical Drama From Matt Nix Heats Up For Pilot Order At USA Network
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate