As his veteran spy drama Burn Notice is wrapping its seven-season run on USA, Matt Nix is readying a new show for the cable network. I’ve learned that Complications, a medical drama from the Burn Notice creator/executive producer, is nearing a pilot order. It centers on an ER doctor whose life changes after he is involved in a gang shooting. He is forced to explore his role in treating the cause of his patients’ medical problems. Nix wrote the script and is executive producing for Burn Notice producer Fox TV Studios where he is under an overall deal. Burn Notice, which has been one of USA Network’s top shows for its entire run, airs its series finale next Thursday. In addition to Complications, WME-repped Nix has expressed interest in pursuing a Burn Notice spinoff movie/potential series centered on characters Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) and Jesse Porter (Coby Bell).
Medical Drama From Matt Nix Heats Up For Pilot Order At USA Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series