Sherlock co-star Martin Freeman is set as the co-lead opposite Billy Bob Thornton in FX’s first limited series Fargo, executive produced by Joel and Ethan Coen. A 10-episode limited series inspired by the Coens’ 1996 film, FX’s Fargo will feature an all-new true crime story, with the series following a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and “Minnesota nice” of the film. It centers on Lester Nygaard (Freeman), a small town insurance salesman henpecked by his wife, whose life is changed when a mysterious stranger, Lorne Malvo (Thornton), comes to town. The Lester role draws parallels to the character played by William H. Macy in the movie. Fargo was written by Noah Hawley, with Adam Bernstein set to direct the opening hour. FX Prods. and MGM Television are producing, with Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen, and Geyer Kosinski exec producing.
Martin Freeman To Star In FX Limited Series ‘Fargo’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup