Jay McGraw and Dr. Phil McGraw are executive producers on The Marriage Test, a 90-minute special that explores the troubled relationships of four couples who agree to live together under one roof for seven days of in-depth counseling to try to save their marriages. A&E Network will premiere the special1 at 10 PM September 2 as a backdoor pilot. Led by husband-and-wife marriage coaches Will Craig and Laurie Gerber, the couples take part in a series of exercises that include individual and group therapy sessions all aimed at salvaging their troubled unions. At the end of the week, each twosome will have to decide whether recommit and stay together and or break up and go their separate ways. Marriage Test is produced for A&E Networks by Ghost Mountain Prods and Bienstock Young Media. Executive producers are the McGraws, Carla Pennington, Eugene Young and Jay Bienstock; Drew Tappon serves as exec producer for A&E.
A&E Special/Backdoor Pilot ‘Marriage Test’ To Air September 21
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date