EXCLUSIVE: In the company’s first two official sales this development season, Mark Gordon‘s Mark Gordon Co. has set up two comedy projects from writer Scott King (The Neighbors) — one at ABC and one at Fox. Both are produced by ABC Studios where the Mark Gordon Co. is based, with the company’s Andrea Shay executive producing. The ABC project, The After Party, is an adult ensemble comedy about three recently single siblings who have two things in common: 1) insanely happily married parents and 2) failed marriages. The Fox project, Clothing Optional, is about a family who own and operate a wholesome all-inclusive resort but suddenly must put their morality and better judgment on hold when a scandal rocks their hotel and they decide to just go with it and turn the place into a Clothing Optional resort to keep the business afloat. Comedy has been a priority for the Mark Gordon Co., which has built its TV brand on drama series such as Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Army Wives and newbie Ray Donovan. It has fielded a couple of half-hour pilots in the past, one of which, Family Tools, went to series at ABC. The After Party and Clothing Optional join several other pitches the Mark Go. has in various stages of deal-making. Additionally, the company, which just moved to CAA, is attached to ABC/ABC Studios’ redevelopment of drama Big Thunder. King is with UTA and Management 360.
Mark Gordon Co. Sells 2 Comedy Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'