Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to the Eugenio Mira-helmed Grand Piano, which world premiered this afternoon at Fantastic Fest in Austin. Elijah Wood and John Cusack star in the psychological thriller from the producing team of Adrián Guerra and Rodrigo Cortés. Story sets Wood as a piano virtuoso forced into early retirement because of crippling stage fright. When he returns to the stage, the recital turns deadly and he is forced to literally play for his life. It’s slated for a 2014 release.
Magnet Nabs U.S. Rights To ‘Grand Piano’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM