The global video network that runs YouTube‘s top entertainment channel said today it is eliminating 22 of its 206 employees. Machinima said it plans to make an increased commitment to programming and distribution and its YouTube network, and the cash saved by the cuts will go to boosting investment in those areas. The company said it will announce its new programming and distribution initiatives over the next several months. The youth-skewing network serves 2.6 billion video views and reaches more than 200 million uniques monthly with content that includes scripted series, daily and weekly shows, gameplay videos and official publisher content. In March, it inked a deal with Ridley Scott’s commercials production company RSA to produce 12 short films that will focus on science fiction content that might be grown into feature franchises.
Machinima Cuts 10% Of Workforce In Restructuring
Trending Now on Deadline
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale