The global video network that runs YouTube‘s top entertainment channel said today it is eliminating 22 of its 206 employees. Machinima said it plans to make an increased commitment to programming and distribution and its YouTube network, and the cash saved by the cuts will go to boosting investment in those areas. The company said it will announce its new programming and distribution initiatives over the next several months. The youth-skewing network serves 2.6 billion video views and reaches more than 200 million uniques monthly with content that includes scripted series, daily and weekly shows, gameplay videos and official publisher content. In March, it inked a deal with Ridley Scott’s commercials production company RSA to produce 12 short films that will focus on science fiction content that might be grown into feature franchises.
Machinima Cuts 10% Of Workforce In Restructuring
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed
- ‘In Between Lives’ Casts Anne-Marie Johnson; Raffi Barsoumian Cracks ‘The Code’