Veteran motorsports announcer Marty Reid has been axed from his post at ESPN, the network told the AP. Reid’s departure follows an on-air gaffe during the September 21 Nationwide Series Kentucky 300 race when he mistakenly called a win for driver Ryan Blaney prior to the finish. The three-decade ESPN sportscaster was replaced this weekend by Allen Bestwick who will call the remainder of Nationwide Series events this season.
Longtime NASCAR, IndyCar Announcer Marty Reid Out At ESPN
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company