Veteran motorsports announcer Marty Reid has been axed from his post at ESPN, the network told the AP. Reid’s departure follows an on-air gaffe during the September 21 Nationwide Series Kentucky 300 race when he mistakenly called a win for driver Ryan Blaney prior to the finish. The three-decade ESPN sportscaster was replaced this weekend by Allen Bestwick who will call the remainder of Nationwide Series events this season.
Longtime NASCAR, IndyCar Announcer Marty Reid Out At ESPN
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer