The actor who played the villain in Thor, Avengers and the upcoming Thor sequel has joined Legendary Pictures‘ Guillermo del Toro-directed Crimson Peak, the company announced today. Tom Hiddleston will take over the role vacated late last month by Benedict Cumberbatch. With participating financing partner Universal Pictures, the Legendary production is slated to begin filming in January. Universal has an option to finance down the line. Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam also star in the gothic horror pic about a woman who discovers that her new husband is not who he claims to be. Exiting its future relationship with Warner Bros in July, Legendary Entertainment set up a new 5-year partnership with NBCUniversal earlier this summer. Hiddleston is repped by WME.
Legendary’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Names Tom Hiddleston As Benedict Cumberbatch’s Replacement
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit