The actor who played the villain in Thor, Avengers and the upcoming Thor sequel has joined Legendary Pictures‘ Guillermo del Toro-directed Crimson Peak, the company announced today. Tom Hiddleston will take over the role vacated late last month by Benedict Cumberbatch. With participating financing partner Universal Pictures, the Legendary production is slated to begin filming in January. Universal has an option to finance down the line. Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam also star in the gothic horror pic about a woman who discovers that her new husband is not who he claims to be. Exiting its future relationship with Warner Bros in July, Legendary Entertainment set up a new 5-year partnership with NBCUniversal earlier this summer. Hiddleston is repped by WME.
Legendary’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Names Tom Hiddleston As Benedict Cumberbatch’s Replacement
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit