The actor who played the villain in Thor, Avengers and the upcoming Thor sequel has joined Legendary Pictures‘ Guillermo del Toro-directed Crimson Peak, the company announced today. Tom Hiddleston will take over the role vacated late last month by Benedict Cumberbatch. With participating financing partner Universal Pictures, the Legendary production is slated to begin filming in January. Universal has an option to finance down the line. Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam also star in the gothic horror pic about a woman who discovers that her new husband is not who he claims to be. Exiting its future relationship with Warner Bros in July, Legendary Entertainment set up a new 5-year partnership with NBCUniversal earlier this summer. Hiddleston is repped by WME.
Legendary’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Names Tom Hiddleston As Benedict Cumberbatch’s Replacement
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First