The actor who played the villain in Thor, Avengers and the upcoming Thor sequel has joined Legendary Pictures‘ Guillermo del Toro-directed Crimson Peak, the company announced today. Tom Hiddleston will take over the role vacated late last month by Benedict Cumberbatch. With participating financing partner Universal Pictures, the Legendary production is slated to begin filming in January. Universal has an option to finance down the line. Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam also star in the gothic horror pic about a woman who discovers that her new husband is not who he claims to be. Exiting its future relationship with Warner Bros in July, Legendary Entertainment set up a new 5-year partnership with NBCUniversal earlier this summer. Hiddleston is repped by WME.
Legendary’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Names Tom Hiddleston As Benedict Cumberbatch’s Replacement
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board