Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich is having a banner development season following her three-year stint at MTV. After landing a pilot production commitment at ABC for single-camera comedy Damaged Goods, Iungerich has nabbed a put pilot commitment at NBC for another single-camera project, Bitch Off The ‘Ol Block, for which she has reunited with former MTV boss David Janollari, now a Universal TV-based producer. Written by Iungerich, Bitch centers on a young professional woman whose life is turned upside down when her biological daughter, who turns out to be a younger smart-ass version of herself, moves in with her and her roommates. ‘It takes a village’ takes on a whole new meaning in this ensemble comedy about a group of friends who become an unorthodox surrogate family. Loosely inspired by the upcoming birth of Iungerich’s first daughter as she imagines what kind of child she might raise, Bitch deals with the same themes of complicated and hilarious mother/daughter relationships and complicated romantic triangles that Iungerich successfully tackled in Awkward, but in a more adult comedy. Iungerich and Janollari will executive produce for Universal TV and David Janollari Entertainment. As programming chief of MTV, Janollari brought Iungerich to the network and developed her hit comedy series Awkward as well as followup pilot Hot Mess. Iungerich, repped by WME and Robyn Meisinger at Madhouse Entertainment, ran Awkward for the first three seasons but exited the series as well as Hot Mess earlier this year.
Lauren Iungerich Comedy With David Janollari Gets Put Pilot Commitment At NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup