It’s still missing a 4th mentor, but The Voice UK has confirmed the return of will.i.am and Tom Jones for Season 3. The show has also set pop icon Kylie Minogue for her first go-round in a red chair. The BBC One show had been seeking replacements for Jessie J and Danny O’Donoghue who exited after Season 2; the final coach will be announced “in due course,” the BBC said. Grammy award-winner Minogue said she was excited to join the show, adding “The search for new talent is such an important aspect of the music industry and The Voice UK gives us all a part to play in that. Will I be competitive? Probably more than even I imagine!” Season 3 kicks off in January.
Kylie Minogue Joins ‘The Voice UK'; Will.i.am, Tom Jones Returning
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
John Oliver Sexes Up '60 Minutes' Report On Nation's Crumbling Infrastructure With Ed Norton And Steve Buscemi
More From Tartaglione
- Maggie Smith Hints At ‘Downton Abbey’ Departure
- Combined Endemol Shine Distribution Entity Gets Name; Exec Team Outlined
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’